Hi, good people of Evil Apples!
This is a web version of the game where you would classically pass a sheet of paper around, with everybody adding a sentence to a story, but everybody only ever reads what the previous person wrote.
This web-app takes care of all the organization of it (or at least aims to, this was hastily cobbled together last year or so, and I never did anything exceeding basic functionality.
I'm working on it, though, and if you have any requests or questions in general, feel free to write me :)
- The first player (game master) starts the game by writing the beginning of the story, setting an amount of turns the story should take, and inviting other players.
- As soon as there are at least 4 players, the game begins.
- The next player reads the beginning and continues the story.
- The story gets passed around and every player adds something to it.
- Everybody only ever sees what the previous person wrote. Everybody else can't see what you're doing.
- Under "History", you can see what happened in the game and when.
You can keep track of what you have written so far.
- The story advances as the players in the queue play, but the game owner or the site admin (me) can skip a player, should the need arise.
- The game finishes when the predetermined amount of turns has been played. Everybody gets to see the finished story then.
"The Day Things Did The Thing"
Length: 25 rounds.
Played: 2 of 25 rounds.
2021-10-13 11:29:49: Admin
has joined the story.
2021-10-13 11:41:29: Admin
Log in or sign up to play along!
Started: 2018-10-14 15:53:53 by Admin; Players: Admin, Anadirol, Cthulhu
Started: 2019-03-20 02:05:29 by Admin; Players: Admin, Khavets, Cthulhu , CONgirl, 👑Kweeny👑
Started: 2019-03-24 04:31:32 by Cthulhu ; Players: Cthulhu , Admin, CONgirl, 👑Kweeny👑, Jack, Khavets, CosmicTaco
Started: 2021-10-13 11:28:21 by CosmicTaco; Players: CosmicTaco, Admin
Started: 2017-09-11 03:29:48 by Admin; Players: Admin, ChinChin*, Fightforffm, Ewaldi 75
Started: 2020-01-05 02:39:24 by Admin; Players: Admin, Sucts1946@teleworm.us, Tester
Please log in or register an account to play along!
I honestly have lost track of what I implemented so far. Here are some points I wrote down originally:
- E-Mail notification when it's your turn and you're not logged in on the site (will be configurable, don't worry) ;) )
- Sign up with Google (I think that's where I left off back then because it was misbehaving)
- Closed games: can only be accessed by already registered and invited users
- Giving the game master (or even all players) the option to advance the game/skip players
- Ease of use/UX (cleaner design, more functionality at the press of a button, ...)
- Ability to leave a running game
- Some features to get rid of maybe unwanted ambiguity (specifically some German pronouns)
Furthermore, a mobile app for easier use is... at least somewhat in the works. In theory.
I mean, I have started looking into a native implementation for Android, and cross-platform frameworks, but it's probably going to be android only